Why We Love This Sauce Recipe
Garlic can be used to relieve sinus pressure for some people. There’s a compound in it that helps thin mucus blocking nasal passages and reduces inflammation (hence the use of it also for colds and other respiratory infections). Combining this in a recipe with pepper can also help open up the sinuses. I recommend using a gluten free source for the bread crumbs in this recipe as it will help lessen the load on the gut which in turn impacts seasonal allergies as well!
There’s a study dating back to 2005 that suggests CBD can help prevent histamines from being released in cells. Not only does CBD aid in reducing inflammation, but can also help keep the immune system in check by lowering histamines. This, in turn, can potentially suppress some symptoms brought on by seasonal allergies.
Romesco Sauce Recipe
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- ½ cup hazelnuts toasted
- ½ cup bread crumbs toasted or stale left over bread
- 2 - red bell peppers blackened on a gas stove, grill or broiler, charred skin removed and flesh set aside
- 2 tsp Spanish smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar good quality
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 sprinkling salt + pepper to taste
- 4 tbsp CBD olive oil
- Add garlic clove to the food processor, pulse several times. Add hazelnuts and grind thoroughly until very fine. Add toasted bread crumbs or bread cubes, grind with nuts till fine. Add pepper and process for about 30 seconds until you have a gritty paste. Add paprika, sherry, honey, and salt and pepper. With a food processor running stream in oil, oil should emulsify and sauce should now look several shades lighter in color. Taste and re-season with additional salt, pepper, paprika, or sherry if necessary. Serve simply with crudites or any grilled meat. Pair with our CBD zucchini cakes, spread on a sandwich, or toss with some pasta as a light sauce.