Spicy Tomato Soup Recipe
Our delicious take on the classic spicy tomato soup is sure to warm you up this winter season! Use a few tablespoons of our CBD oil in the recipe to combine spicy warm goodness with comfort, relaxation, and pure enjoyment. Recipe by Brian Arnoff
- 2 cans whole peeled tomatoes 28oz per can, try to buy organic
- 1 onion medium, sliced
- 1 carrot large, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 2-3 tsp red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 pinch pepper to taste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 tbsp cbd-infused evoo can also use regular evoo
- 4 tbsp cbd oil
- Add onion and carrot with 1 tbs olive oil into 4qt sauce pot, season with salt and pepper, cook until tender.
- Add red pepper flake and garlic, sweat 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Deglaze with wine, cook 3-5 minutes until reduced by about half.
- Add canned tomatoes, crushing as you add to the pan, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer cook and cook 15-20 minutes.
- Add soup to blender or with stick blender, blend until smooth.
- With blender running drizzle in CBD oil until well emulsified into soup, lightening the color and giving a “creamy” texture. Re-season with salt and pepper.
- Eat as is or garnish with croutons of your choosing, homemade garlic/cheesy croutons would be amazing.