Apple Crumble w/ CBD Recipe
This apple crumble is a little less sweet and embraces traditional French flavors of combining apple with almonds and dried fruit, in lieu of the more American spiced apple pie. But if you love those flavors they will play great here as well. Recipe by Brian Arnoff
- 1½ cups gluten free rolled outs divided
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3 oz coconut palm sugar can also use monk sugar
- 5 oz cbd coconut oil can also use regular coconut oil
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 apples peeled & chopped
- 8 oz dried fruit golden raisins, chopped figs, apricots or dates all work
- 4 oz chopped & candied ginger
- 2 tbsp arrowroot can also use tapioca starch
- ½ cup raw honey can also use maple syrup
- Add half of the oats and all the almond flour to food processor and process until as fine as possible. (about 1 minute)
- Add sugar and coconut oil process to combine.
- Add almonds and remaining oats along with salt and combine gingerly.
- Toss apples, dried fruit, ginger, starch and honey.
- Layer into layer into a 9x9 or other similar sized baking dish.
- Crumble the topping over the fruit and bake at 325° for 30-45 minutes.
- Rest crumble for at least 20 minutes before serving.