Quick Chicken Pasta Ragu Recipe
This is one of those dishes where everything is optional, because it's built around things I always have (and hopefully you do to) in my fridge. My local grocery store makes there own awesome sausages and sells it loose (no casing), a delicious sausage like a spicy Italian makes the perfect base for a quick and flavorful dinner any night of the week. Combing what might seem like an excessive amount of baby kale into this dish makes it both filling and healthy. Don’t worry, it wilts down to nothing! This would be great served with some pasta of your choosing, serve over polenta or better yet, serve with our crispy CBD chickpea cake.Recipe by Brian Arnoff
- 1 lb spicy chicken sausage no casing, can also use another sausage of your choosing
- 1 tbsp cbd-infused evoo can also use regular evoo
- 2 bell pepper charred & peeled
- 1 onion diced
- 8 cloves garlic whole cloves
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 spicy pepper (jalapeño or fresno will work) chopped charred & peeled
- 1 can (28oz) peeled tomatoes drained of juice, hand crushed
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 can cannellini beans drained
- 8 oz baby kale
- 1 small package of basil roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp cbd-infused evoo can also use regular evoo
- Place a large pot on high, allow to heat.
- Add oil and then sausage to pan pressing it into the bottom of the pan. You want to allow it to brown in one big, even, flat mass. Be patient, this will likely take 5-7 minutes.
- Break sausage up into large chunks, add all the peppers, carrots and onion, cook on medium with lid on, allowing the vegetables to brown and soften, season with salt and pepper. Cook 5-10 minutes.
- Deglaze with wine, scraping all the brown bits up with a wooden spoon.
- Add stock and canned tomatoes and reduce.
- Add kale, return lid and allow to wilt about 2 minutes.
- Add canned beans and simmer 1-2 minutes more.
- Lastly finish with basil and olive oil to your liking.