Sweet Potato Burger w/ CBD Recipe
You'll want to prepare these sweet potato burger patties the day before you plan on cooking them. But trust us, they're worth the wait!Recipe by Brian Arnoff
- 2-3 sweet potatoes large
- 1 can lentils
- 1 onion large, diced
- 1 tsp oil vegetable oil, canola oil, etc.
- 1 bag organic tofu firm or extra firm
- 8 oz gluten free oats
- 1 oz nutritional yeast
- ½ oz steak rub coriander, cumin, & arbol chile works, or use a montreal style blend or other bbq rub that you love
- - - cbd-infused evoo there's about 31mg CBD per tbsp of evoo, add accordingly
- Roast sweet potatos until very soft 1 to 1.5 hours at 350°F, remove flesh and set aside 2 lbs for recipe.
- While sweet potatoes are in oven, put drained lentils on lined baking sheet and roast about 15 minutes until slight dehydrated.
- Sweat onion in oil until lightly brown and soft.
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Form into patties, make them any size you like, this recipe should yield 4-8.
- Ideally allow patties to firm up in fridge over night. Cook on griddle or in a sauté pan browning on both sides and serve with your favorite burger toppings, we love smashed avocado (see our CBD guac recipe here or our extra green, Green Goddess dressing) and or some spicy aioli (see our CBD Fresno chili spread)